Did you notice the opening of several restaurants in Des Moines featuring South American cuisine? You can now take a culinary trip to Peru, Argentina, Brazil or Colombia without leaving the metro area! If you are curious to know more about these cuisines — Or if ceviche, empanadas or chimichurri sauce makes your mouth water, this tour is for you!.
Our tour guide is a native of Colombia and will help you understand the story behind the variety of eating styles and differences between cuisines from South America. You’ll learn about the culture, food preparation methods and ingredients. At one stop, a local chef will demonstrate how to make authentic empanadas so you can try it at home!!! At other stops, you will meet restaurant owners, taste their food and learn their story. So bring your appetite for this South American adventure in Des Moines! You don’t even need a passport!
Included in the tour…
* Group Transportation to all Restaurant Stops
* Free Cooking demonstration…Learn to make authentic empanadas!!!
* Tasting of Different South American Dishes at each Restaurant
* Non Alcoholic Drinks (Alcoholic Drinks Available for Purchase and OK to Consume on the Bus)
* Opportunity to Meet and Interact with Restaurant Owners/Managers
* Facts and history of Cuisines of different countries
* Souvenir Wow! Des Moines Tours Tumbler
* Opportunities to make new friends
* Additional surprises along the way!
Where does the tour start and end?
Cooking with Alessandra
333 E Grand Ave, Loft 103
Des Moines, IA
Where should I park?
You can only pre-pay up to 4 hours for meters…Which may not be enough time for the full tour. We recommend that you park in the East 2nd Street Parking Garage (402 E. 2nd Street). Cost is $1/hour on Saturday.
What is the refund policy?
This is a limited availability event that often sells out. A full refund of the ticket cost (excluding fees) is available with 7 days notice ahead of the event. To request a refund, send an email to [email protected].
Can we bring alcoholic beverages on the bus?
Yes, if you are of age and consume responsibly. Please plan for safe travel home
An online payment or gift certificate is require to book a class and your booking must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
All classes are held in Alessandra's kitchen at 333 E. Grand Ave., Loft 103, Des Moines, IA 50309.