Join Wow! Des Moines Tours for an exploration and tasting of taco culture in Des Moines!
Taco tourists will learn different regional variations on tacos and do tastings at four standout taco restaurants. A private executive van from Majestic Limousine will then transport our group of 15-25 people (Cerveza/Alcohol is permitted on the bus). You will learn about some hidden places to get great tacos and about the owners, recipes and history.
The tour begins at La Michoacana Mexican Grocery (433 5th Street, Valley Junction). Wow! Des Moines Tours always come with a lot of learning, laughter and some surprises along the way!
Included in the tour…
* Group Transportation to Four Taco Restaurants
* Tasting of Different Tacos at each Restaurant
* Non Alcoholic Drinks (Alcoholic Drinks Available for Purchase and OK to Consume on the Bus)
* Opportunity to Meet and Interact with Restaurant Owners/Managers
* Facts and history of Tacos in Mexico and in Des Moines
* Opportunities to make new friends
* Additional surprises along the way
Where does the tour start and end?
La Michoacana Mexican Grocery
433 5th Street (Valley Junction)
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Is there free parking?
Yes! Parking in Valley Junction is free.
What is the refund policy?
This is a limited availability event that often sells out. A full refund of the ticket cost (excluding fees) is available with 7 days notice ahead of the event. To request a refund, send an email to [email protected].
Can we bring alcoholic beverages on the bus?
Yes, if you are of age and consume responsibly. Please plan for safe travel home.
An online payment or gift certificate is require to book a class and your booking must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
All classes are held in Alessandra's kitchen at 333 E. Grand Ave., Loft 103, Des Moines, IA 50309.