Join Alessandra and her family in this unique Italian tour. Showcase the beautiful city of Viterbo and the Lazio region of Italy. Guests enjoy exceptional restaurants, famous gelaterias, boat tours and wineries.
This is the best, most authentic way to immerse yourself in Italy’s culture, food and art. “Through the years, my family has welcomed tour guests around our table as new friends…To cook, laugh and make memories that will last forever,” says Alessandra.
Come to Italy with me! A family is waiting for you!
• Arrival at “Mini Palace Hotel” in Viterbo.
• 7pm Prosecco and greetings in the beautiful hotel lobby
• Dinner at our favorite restaurant, famous for the great atmosphere and outstanding food.
• Start with a walking tour to discover our beloved city Viterbo. Feed your appetite with Viterbo’s traditional foods, excellent wine and coffee. Embrace the Italian passion for fashion, the evergreen and the splendid history of this magnificent “Papal City.”
• Afternoon – Visit cured-ham manufacturer, Prosciuttificio Coccia
• Dinner and cooking class: Antipasti (Fried Zucchini Blossom, Fried Sage and slicing Prosciutto)
Visit the Famous “Parco dei Mostri” “Monster Park” of Bomarzo
• Lunch at Lake Bolsena on Captain Stefano’s Boat (weather permitting)
• Dinner and cooking class: Home Made Pasta and Red Sauce with Sausages
• Visit to Orvieto in Umbria
• Lunch and wine tasting at Madonna delle Macchie Winery
• Dinner and cooking class: Saltimbocca alla Romana and Peperonata
FIFTH DAY :
Visit magnificent Villa Lante in Bagnaia
Free late Morning and Afternoon.
• Dinner and cooking class: Make you own Pizza!!!!
• We’ll be leaving in the morning for Siena in Tuscany.
• First stop visit the beautiful city of Montalcino – the capital of famous “Brunello Wine”
• Lunch and wine tasting at the incredible winery, “Sasso di Sole” ,where great staff will guide you through the making of Brunello. You’ll have an opportunity to taste one of the best wines in the world – Brunello (paired with a typical Tuscan dish).
• Second stop in Siena! We found a lovely hotel situated at 10 minutes from the City Center: “Hotel Italia”.
We’ll say goodbye, but we’ll leave you in a splendid City with very professional people who will give you maps and directions to best enjoy Siena! (The hotel in Siena will be included in the price of the tour.)
• Five nights’ accommodation in Viterbo Hotel
• One night’s accommodation in Siena
• All Meals (except lunch on the 5th day) and all drinks
• All Villas’ or Museums’ entrance
• All Cooking Classes
• Private transportation in private bus and private driver.
• Boat Tour on Bolsena Lake and lunch
• Lunch at Brunello Winery
• Transportation to Siena
Q: Do I have to pay in full when I sign up?
A: No, you can pay 50% when you sign up and 50% thirty days prior to leaving.
Q: Does Cooking with Alessandra help with the flight?
A: The flight is not included in the price. You are responsible for getting to Italy on your own or through a travel agent.
Q: Will Cooking with Alessandra provide transportation from the airport to Viterbo?
A: Cooking with Alessandra does not provide transportation to Viterbo.
Q: What if I don’t want to cook every night?
A: No problem! You are here to enjoy yourself, if you do not feel like cooking one night you can just relax!
Q: What should I pack?
A: What you pack is all dependent on the weather, however, keep in mind that there will be a lot of days spent walking, so don’t forget your comfy shoes!
Q: Will I be able to travel around Europe before or after the cooking tour?
A: Yes! Spend as much or little time as you like.
Cook, laugh, and make lasting memories.
Q: What if I want to sleep the last night in Viterbo, for example: because I have an early flight from Rome?
A: We can arrange that. BUT we have to know in time so we don’t book Siena and we book Viterbo. If you change your mind at the last minute you will be responsible of paying the hotel in Viterbo.
Reserve your Italy Cooking Tour dates at CookingWithAlessandra.com today!
“If you have been wanting to go to Italy, experience the culture, food and wine on a local level you need to go with my friend Alessandra! She and her entire family help you experience Italy like a local. One of my favorite times was,making pizza with Alessandra, her brother and her aunt at her parent’s farm. The best part…having her dad’s homemade wine and her brother’s homemade limoncello. You will visit towns that don’t make the tourist books, but should. You’ll visit wineries that are hundreds of years old. You’ll get guided tours by a local that makes you understand how important history is to the Italians. This is the most cost efficient and exciting way to go to Italy for 7 days and have the time of your life. Just do it…you won’t regret it!”
15 – 20 Maggio
22 – 27 Maggio
5 – 10 Giugno
$3,600 in single room
$3,400 in double room
12 spots available for each date
A: No, you can pay 50% when you sign up, and 50% 30 days prior to leaving.
A: The flight is not included in the price. You are responsible for getting to Italy on your own
A: Cooking with Alessandra does not provide transportation, but I can provide you with a name of someone than can help
A: No problem! You’re here to enjoy yourself, so if you don’t feel like cooking one night, then you can just relax.
A: What you pack is all dependent on the weather, however, keep in mind that there will be a lot of walking some days. Don’t forget comfy shoes!
Both trips were great fun! Alessandra’s careful planning gave us time to improve our culinary skills AND see/experience REAL Italy. Easy on the budget, too!
I had the pleasure to go to Italy with 2 of my cousins in 2014. We attended the first Wine trip with Alessandra on her tour. I cannot speak highly enough. Once we arrived, everything was taken care of. All we had to do was sit back and enjoy. All the tours were fantastic, the Agriturismo where we stayed was outstanding. The food, wine and views were fabulous. We really felt like family. I plan on going on another one of her tours. I would suggest if you get the opportunity to go, please join Alessandra and her family in Italy, you will not regret it.
I went on Alessandra’s cooking tour in June and Laura would love to do it again. It would be hard to say what I liked most. Italy is beautiful. The people were so welcoming. And then there’s the food! From the days exploring the villages and sites ,to the nights with her wonderful family it was an experience of a lifetime. If you ever wanted to experience real Italy this is the way to do it!
The Italian Cooking tour with Alessandra exceeded all of our expectations! The travel plans were easy to pull together. Alessandra couldn’t possibly be more accommodating throughout the experience. We saw some of the most gorgeous Italian scenery throughout the detailed itinerary she put together. There isn’t a better way to tour some of the most unique and special places in Italy than with a local who knows all of the best kept secrets. Her family felt like OUR family, welcoming and delightful! We met new friends and cherished the special events and activities we participated in. One of my favorite meals was alongside a beautiful lake. The food is amazing and we had the chance to experience different styles of cooking and Italian favorites. This is a tour that EVERYONE would enjoy!
In the event that you have to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, we offer the following trip cancellation policy.
It may be advisable to purchase travel insurance to provide coverage for unexpected travel cancellations, medical emergencies and baggage loss. Information on travel insurance will be provided upon request.
Notice of trip cancellations received more than 12 weeks prior to departure are subject to a cancellation fee of 15% of the total tour package price.
Notice of trip cancellations received 8 weeks prior to departure are subject to forfeiture of 30% of the total tour package price.
Notice of trip cancellations received within 5 weeks of departure are subject to the forfeiture of 90% of the total tour package price.